Managed eDiscovery Services
The volume of data is growing, technology is advancing, and cases are becoming more and more complex. At the same time, budgets are becoming increasingly tight and costs must be examined and contained. This ongoing tug of war between premium service requirements and budget constraints highlights the need for law firms to have a defensible and cost-effective eDiscovery solution for their clients. When outsourcing everything is not in your firm’s growth plan, but doing things entirely in-house is too much burden to bear, LDiscovery is here to bridge that gap. Our Managed Services combine decades of experience, cutting edge eDiscovery technology, and the industry’s #1 hosting & review platform into the in-house solution your firm needs – all for a low, fixed monthly fee.
Cost Predictability and Visibility
It’s no secret that maintaining an eDiscovery management system, even a relatively “small” deployment, is neither cheap nor is it easy. It requires tremendous up-front investment in hardware, storage, networking, bandwidth, rack space in your data center, and extraordinary human resources to manage the system. As your practice grows, so too does its data footprint, which in turn requires more hardware, storage, resources, staff, and expenses. Whether you treat this as a revenue stream or simply as a pass-through service to your client, the expenses stack up and the cycle doesn’t end. Pulling the plug is not an option, and the data is not going away. So what do you do? What you do is call LDiscovery. By subscribing to our Managed Services program, you take advantage of the investments we’ve already made in technology, hardware, and resources. We will design a custom-fit package to include the dedicated people, services, and capacities that you require, at a cost guaranteed to be substantially lower than your current spend.
When it comes to Managed eDiscovery Services, there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach. Each program is customized for your firm’s particular needs. From software deployment, to equipment configuration, to the personnel working on your matters – everything is designed to ensure top-notch service and maximum efficiency, without sacrificing in-house control. Typical options include:
- Utilization of LDiscovery’s software suite in conjunction with Relativity
- Deployment of a firm-owned Relativity (or any other hosting tool!) license in LDiscovery’s data center
- Deployment of firm-owned processing software license in LDiscovery’s data center
- Dedicated Project Management, Litigation Support, or Legal Support Personnel
Comfort and Security in LDiscovery’s Private Cloud
Aside from being a best-in-class eDiscovery provider, we’ve come to realize that we are also an excellent hosting company. Using a “field of dreams” concept, we’ve spared no expense in the design of our hosting environment; the result of which is nothing short of remarkable:
- Secure. Housed in a SSAE 16 Type II audited data center and in a dedicated vault that was originally designed as a “SCIF”, LDiscovery’s data center is the “Fort Knox” of eDiscovery.
- Powerful. When it comes to supporting infrastructure, we believe there are no corners to be cut. Only top-of-the-line equipment and cutting-edge technology will do. Whether it is the most elite equipment on the market or the fastest disk possible for storage, your data and software cannot operate faster or more efficiently than it can in our environment.
- Scalable. Our systems are completely modular, allowing us to scale up or down as your demands dictate. Whether you have 25 users and relatively small amount of total eDiscovery storage needs or thousands of users accessing hundreds of Terabytes, our IOD (“Infrastructure On-Demand”) model allows us to deploy what you need, when you need it – all at a low fixed monthly fee and no upfront capital investment by your firm.
- Accessible & Reliable. Your eDiscovery system is the lifeblood of your business. As such, you need access to your data 24x7x365; anything less is simply unacceptable. We know that and have built the necessary fail-safes in place to ensure your data always remains a mouse-click away, including:
- A dedicated a power-grid + generators with fuel on-site should the grid be inoperable
- Redundant internet feeds from multiple providers
- Clustered hardware that ensures instantaneous failovers in the event of a hardware malfunction
- Multiple layers of backups ranging from real-time replication across clusters to 15 minute SQL snapshots to daily/weekly/monthly backups
- Offsite “hot-failover” available – real-time data replication, via dedicated VPN, to our disaster recovery site ensures your systems remain online and accessible even in the unlikely event that the primary data center experiences a prolonged service disruption
- Our data centers (both primary and DR), applications, and delivery systems all maintain a no-single-point-of-failure “N+2” redundancy
Subscribing to LDiscovery Managed Services effectively turns our world-class cloud into your in-house data center. It’s as simple as that.
More than Just Technology
LDiscovery’s Managed Services extend well beyond technology. Our technicians are on hand 24x7x365 to handle all system and hardware administration, monitoring, and maintenance. LDiscovery’s litigation support, digital forensics, project management, and legal professionals are also ready to become an extension of your team. The headache and expense of staffing off-hours coverage, overflow support, or managing bursts of high-volume requests need not be a burden any longer.
Regardless of your particular situation, LDiscovery has the software, equipment, and personnel to execute a Managed Services plan that perfectly aligns with your needs. The days of managing multiple vendors and shoehorning workflows into in-house processes are a thing of the past.